Since I was in desperate need for some henchmen for my BMG crew I bought myself the new Batman starter crew. Knight Models new range of high quality resin models started of with some new crew starter. For the Brave and the Bold the box contained a new Batman (Arkham Asylum version) which finally got smoke and some really great combat abilitys (counter attack and mixed combat style). The henchmen consits of three Arkham guardsmen one armed with a expendable baton (reach), one with a shotgun and finally a guy with an assault rifle (lots of blood damage).
the new Arkham Asylum Batman
fits in quiet well with Batgirl
The miniature are all high quality and really nice casted resin. They are a bit smaller then Knight Models previous metal range but that does not bother me. I painted them using a quick and easy wash and layer paintjob to get them tabletop ready fast enough only Batman recieving some more attantion on his greenish armour.
ltr: shotgun, baton, assault rifle
Since I want to play Batman more often with the 2nd edition rules I finally could use my already finished Batgirl model to get them to around 200rep. They alredy announced a new Batgirl rebirth model which will find the way into my collection for shure.
+++Nobody expected that operation Sea Lion will end like that. The Prime Minister is missing, German troops spread over England and the war in western Europe seems to be over. For Oberst Dr. Ilsa Faust and her secret Agency “Projekt Medusa” the situation could not be more advantageous. The time to seperate the project and all achievents from the germans has come. They now can act in the shadows, even more than before, blaming the germans for everything that they have to do to praise the great old ones.+++
Intimidating, clever, detemined. The leader of “Projekt Medusa”, D. Ilsa Faust is just as cruel she is beautiful.
After a long break of painting 32mm miniatures I did the first one for my Pulp Alley league. I wrote a little background for an agency which came out like a mix between a Chthulu cult and Hydra.
I finished the first batch of soviet MBTs. Since I love the looks and mobility of the T64 I decidet to build a T64 tankovy company rather than the more usual T72. The models are from Battlefronts Yuris Wolves box set and come with 5 T64, 2 BMP2 and a mini rulebook. The all plastic minis are amazing and they even put in 2 AA mgs since these parts are really fragile.
I played my second team yankee game today, this time versus west germans. The game was fun but a total desaster. We played 40 points to test out some new unit types.
West german combat detachment
- marder HQ
- marder platoon
- 2 Leopard 2
- 2 Jaguar 2
- 2 Roland
- 2 Tornados
Russian forces in position to defend the perimeter
- T64 HQ with atgm
- 4 T64 with atgm
- 2 ZSU23-4 Shilka
- 2 BMP2
- 2 Mil Mi 24 Hind
- small air combat company
With my freshly raised soviet army we played our first Team Yankee game and decidet to write a small aar. We use units without any special rules (so no aircrafts, infantry and aa units) We played the first mission using both 28 point forces.
The british :
The capitalist aggressor, which on that fateful day started a small scale attack to size importand mission objectives near a small gas station. 4 heavy chieftain main battle tanks were supported by 4 light Scorpion scouts.
- 1 Chieftain HQ
- 3 Chieftain tanks
- 4 Scorpion scout tanks
The soviet forces which defended against the capitalist aggressions that day consists only of a few brav men from the local tank brigade. 5 T64 main battle tanks and 2 BMP2 scouts were the only available troops that glorious day.
- 1 T64 HQ
- 4 T64
- 2 BMP2 recon
My latest comission work is this human Blood Bowl team. These are the new Games Workshop plastic miniatures. I like the dynamic poses of these guys but the overal design is not my kind of taste. Notheless I painted the team for a friend of myne and really enjoyed working on these minis.
This mini from Imbrian Art was my first attempt in placing a miniature on a nice display base. I started small with this 28mm gnoll to test out a basing technique using GW texture paint for crackled earth. The effect I was aiming for should be a dryed out river or water hole.